Did they also tell you that Webflow SEO is not as good as Wordpress SEO? I get that a lot. But I want you to know it's not true! Today, I'm going to prove it to you. So I'll start by explaining the principle of SEO.
The logic of natural referencing
The natural referencing of a site does not depend on the software you use. It relies on a certain logic. If you manage to respect them (whether you use Wordpress or Webflow), you have every chance of appearing in Google's results.
But what are these logics, more precisely?
Actually, there are several, but I'm only going to tell you the basics:
- The choice of keywords is important (You must select them with your target in mind. For example, which queries are the most popular on Google).
- Once you have these keywords, you work on each page of your site, so that it is positioned on these keywords. For the SEO Webflow, you can do this easily (without even having to touch the HTML codes). All you have to do is go to the sidebar on the left, under the page tab. From there, you can edit the meta descriptions, meta title, open graph...
- The way you talk to your audience also indirectly plays a role in the natural referencing of your site. Indeed, if your audience likes the way you write to them, they will stay longer on your page, and then Google will notice that readers love your site. It will not fail to rank your website in its search results.
- The other SEO Webflow techniques, we will see them later in detail.
There is a Youtube video in which I describe this at the bottom of the article. Support me by subscting to the YouTube channel "Happy Desk Design"
SEO Webflow: some interesting tips
On Webflow, you can configure the pages so that they are all optimized for Google. By the way, if you follow my training, you have at your disposal a style guide. It's like on Wordpress. It allows you to change the themes of your site easily (colors, typography, etc.). It's true that you can create your own style guide, but here, I've created one ready for you :)
On the right part of your screen, still in the sidebar, you can generate the headings (Hn: H1, H2 to H6, but the most important are the first 3). You then select on the texts concerned, and you go to this bar to click on the Hn concerned. Do you know it? In at least one of your titles, you have to insert the keywords.
Take advantage of this to structure as efficiently as possible. This way, Google and visitors to your site will easily understand what you are talking about on your site. This is a very important point.
The same goes for the images you insert in the site. They are not taken into account by Google if you don't describe them. But how do you describe an image? Just click on the image, and you can change its properties (especially the ALT tag). This tag will contain the description of the image. Again, at least one of these images must have the relevant keyword. On the other hand, you can modify these properties as soon as you import the image (name, ALT, etc.).
From the dashboard, there are also SEO Webflow settings (of course, in the SEO tab).
- You need to check the box that you want Google to reference your site.
- The robots.txt file can be automatically modified. Just copy the relevant parameters into it.
- Then, the sitemap is automatically created on Webflow. Make sure the box is still checked.
- Finally, the last step is to link your Google Search Console to Webflow. Then go to the Google Search Console, copy the relevant code, and paste it there.
SEO tools for Webflow
There are some tools that can help you to reference your webflow website. One of the best and most popular is SEMrush. There is a free and a paid offer, but you can already start by trying the free SEMrush plan :)
When you're satisfied, however, I advise you to move on to paying. This subscription offers more possibilities. For example, you will be able to perform SEO audits (on your site, those of your competitors or your customers). By the way, I'll talk about it in more detail in another of my articles (if you're interested).
YouTube: The best SEO is with WEBFLOW - 2020
Come back to this page whenever you want. Did you come up with any ideas I might have forgotten? If so, what are they? Leave a comment below or send an email to email@example.com.